Constructure Technologies, a technology service company based in Melville, NY, is seeking Desktop and Server Administrators to fill multiple positions. We are looking for hard working individuals to enhance our team of engineers. This is an excellent opportunity for someone seeking to enhance their growing technology skill-set. Constructure Technologies works with all aspects of Information Technology, from basic workstation and client side applications to application servers and high-end infrastructure implementations. We offer on-the-job training for all of the technology that we support, and will help develop your skill-set by exposing you to and training you on bleeding edge technology.
The right candidates will have the most of the following qualifications:
- Basic client operating system support – Windows 7, Windows 8, as well as tablets and mobile devices
- Basic operating system issues (includes troubleshooting and installation)
- Application installation, training, use and troubleshooting.
- Spyware and virus identification and removal.
- Client connectivity troubleshooting on LAN and WIFI.
- Server administration (user creation and administration, share creation and administration, print queue creation and administration, directory services administration).
- Basic knowledge of infrastructure hardware as it relates to client equipment (switches, cables).
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft applications, including: Microsoft Office (various versions), and collaboration utilities like Outlook.
- Basic knowledge of backups systems, tape and device troubleshooting. Have the ability to be able to perform simple file restores.
- Infrastructure knowledge of testing and working with multiple classes of wiring (CAT 6, CAT 5, CAT 3).
- Basic Maintenance of Windows Server, all versions (2012 R2, 2012, 2008 R2, 2008, and all versions of Small Business Server)
- Preventative Maintenance Service calls
- Knowledge of TCP/IP LAN, WAN, Switches, and wireless technology
- Basic knowledge of Cisco IOS, Generic knowledge of Firewalls and routers.
- Basic Knowledge of Windows Remote Desktop Session Host, Terminal Serve,r and Citrix Presentation Server.
- Knowledge of VOIP phone systems (Install and support)
- VOIP and telephony experience.
- Advanced server installation and troubleshooting (connectivity issues, service related issues, EVENT id identification).
- Advanced server hardware knowledge, including: RAID array functionality and installation/troubleshooting. Redundant hardware knowledge and installation/troubleshooting, SCSI ID’s and termination
- Advanced operating system issues (both client and server), including: non booting system recovery, system file corruption and replacement.
- Advanced knowledge of infrastructure hardware functionality and configuration as it relates to the overall network (switches, routers, hubs, and bridges).
- Basic knowledge of network security, including: Windows security, Firewall basics (port forwarding, access-lists), encrypted vs. non-encrypted data
- Required to participate in after hours support rotation.
- Advanced knowledge of backup software, backup devices, and the troubleshooting of these technologies. Also, is able to perform simple and advanced file restores.
- Manager/Supervisor will organize schedule, but engineer must manager their own time while on a service call or project in an efficient manner.
- Is able to manage advanced projects on their own, and is able to bring these projects to completion.
- Deals with escalated calls from lower level engineers, and follow these issues through to completion.
This individual should also have had the following experiences:
- 2 + years experience in the IT support service industry
Although not requirements, other desirable attributes include:
- College degree in technical or business, or equivalent industry experience
- Microsoft advanced certifications of all levels, Cisco CCNA certifications highly desired
- Industry certifications from manufacturer/vendors such as Microsoft, Dell, IBM, HP, and Cisco.
We offer excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and more. Serious candidates should send their resumes with salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org